Tax Associate - Tysons Corner, VA - Class of 2023
As CohnReznick grows, so do our exceptional career opportunities for talented advisory, assurance, and tax professionals. As one of the nation’s top professional services and business advisory firms, you will join a team that thrives on innovation and values collaboration in everything we do!
We currently have an exciting career opportunity on our Tax teams in our office for Fall 2023.
- Engagement Team: You will work closely on a team made up of other Interns, Associates, Senior Associates, Managers, Senior Managers, and Partners
- Industries: We serve a variety of clients across industries, including: Consumer & Industrial, Financial Sponsors & Financial Services, Life Sciences & Healthcare, Public Sector, Real Estate, Renewable Energy, Technology & Media, and Private Client Services (varies by office)
- Office: Our CohnReznick office comes with amenities, collaborative spaces, and private offices.
- Performance Coach: Will meet with you to establish goals, provide feedback and support to guide you along your career path of choice; many of our current Senior Managers and Partners were once CR Associates themselves.
- CR Friend: Will serve as a familiar face when you join the firm and someone you can always reach out to
WHY WORK WITH CR?
- Network of Professionals: Connect with experts in various industries and learn more about career paths in public accounting service lines of audit, tax, and advisory.
- Flexibility: Our hybrid workplace strategy helps our team members determine where they work, depending on what they need to accomplish, who they need to work with to be successful, and how they will be most productive. All full-time or part-time CR team members are offered a home office stipend upon onboarding to help them get set up at home.
- Work-Life Blend: Our team members accrue up to 21 days of PTO depending on their level & take advantage of 17 paid holidays including two weeks off a year when all CR Team members take time off together. (July 4th and Thanksgiving Weeks)
- Parental Leave: Our expanded leave is up to 8 weeks following birth or placement of a child
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion = Belonging: Whether it’s through participation in our Employee Resource Groups such as CR BLAC, CR PRIDE, WomenCAN, VMA, CR Green, Raza or AAPI or through CR Cares, our team members give back to the communities they live and work in.
- Total Rewards: Competitive annual compensation, discretionary performance bonuses, referral & client bonuses, 401k Match with profit sharing contributions.
- CPA Incentive: Up to $10,000 bonus for passing the CPA exam by the first anniversary of employment with CohnReznick, reimbursement for testing materials and fees, paid study time, and more! *Please note additional conditions apply.
- Learning & Development: Devoted learning opportunities to support growth and career advancement, focusing on technical, leadership, and success skills. Tools, resources, and sessions are provided to satisfy continuing professional education (CPE) requirements and beyond
- Wellness resources: Our virtual care programs such as Headspace, Spring Health, Prevention Cloud, and Peerfit help support our team members’ mental and physical well-being.
As a Tax Associate, you will be responsible for becoming familiar with current tax theories and laws and performing procedures in accordance with firm standards and in an accurate, thorough and timely manner. In addition, you will:
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work on a variety of client deliverables including preparation of tax returns, including Individuals, Partnerships and Corporate tax returns.
- Identify potential tax issues and prepare tax adjusting entries and tax trial balances based on audited or client provided trial balances.
- Research filing requirements and tax issues using internal revenue code, treasury regulations and other relevant authorities/guidance.
- Manage daily client workflow and multiple client projects at any given time.
- Draft tax technical memorandums.
We are looking for highly dedicated professionals with impressive credentials that are driven by new challenges and growth opportunities. We seek team players who believe in providing world-class client service and are interested in becoming immersed in various industries. Successful team members are looking for a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Plan to complete 150 credit hours between December 2022 - September 2023 in order to be CPA licensed
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in both your major and overall
- Leadership positions in extracurricular activities are preferred
- Prior work or internship experience (experience in accounting is a plus)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team-based culture
- Able to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Possess strong computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- CohnReznick does not offer sponsorship to foreign nationals for Entry Level Roles (new associates and interns).
After reviewing this job posting, are you hesitating to apply because you don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that we are less likely to apply to jobs unless we meet every single qualification. At CohnReznick, we are dedicated to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we still encourage you to apply.
You may be just the right candidate for this or one of our other roles.
CohnReznick is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive team to drive business results and create a better future every day for our team members, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@cohnreznick.com. Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
CohnReznick does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are currently engaged by CohnReznick Talent Acquisition Team by way of a written agreement to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that CohnReznick will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.