2023 Tax Summer Intern - Chicago, IL
2023 Tax Summer Intern- Chicago, IL
CohnReznick, is a leading public accounting and business advisory services firm. We provide industry-leading advisory, assurance, and tax services in a forward-thinking environment that values collaboration in everything we do!
We currently have an exciting career opportunity on our Tax team located in the downtown Chicago, IL office. We are looking for a Summer Tax Intern to join our team.
- Engagement Team: you will work closely on a mid-sized team with other Associates, Senior Associates, Managers, Senior Managers, and Partners.
- Industries: the Chicago office specializes in Affordable Housing, Manufacturing & Distribution, Financial Services, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Services, Cannabis, Renewable Energy and more!
- Office: our CohnReznick office comes with amenities, collaborative spaces and private offices.
- Performance Coach: will meet with you to establish goals, provide feedback and support to guide you along your career path of choice; Many of our current Senior Manager and Partners were once CR Associates themselves!
- CR Friend: will serve as a familiar face when you first join the firm and someone you can always reach out to
- Likely work on a variety of client deliverables including preparation of tax returns, including individuals, partnerships and corporate tax returns
- Identify potential tax issues and prepare tax adjusting entries and tax trial balances based on audited or client provided trial balances
- Assist the team with daily client workflow.
- Work on a variety of client deliverables including preparation of tax returns, including Individuals, Partnerships and Corporate tax returns;
- Research filing requirements and tax issues using internal revenue code, treasury regulations and other relevant authorities/guidance;
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
- Planning to complete 150 credit hours to be licensed between December 2023 – December 2024
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA in both your major and overall
- Successful completion of two accounting courses prior to the start of your internship
- Have held leadership positions in student organizations, extracurricular activities and/or on team projects
- Prior work or internship experience is a plus
- Exhibit excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Able to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Possess strong computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
After reviewing this job posting, are you hesitating to apply because you don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that we are less likely to apply to jobs unless we meet every single qualification. At CohnReznick, we are dedicated to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we still encourage you to apply.
You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
CohnReznick is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive team to drive business results and create a better future every day for our team members, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@cohnreznick.com Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
CohnReznick does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are currently engaged by CohnReznick Talent Acquisition Team by way of a written agreement to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that CohnReznick will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
This opportunity is closed to applications.